Monday, February 11, 2008

Stiching with Heartstrings

I lied to my girlfriend the other night. I know she'll eventually read this so i'm sure i'm due a well-deserved ear full when she does, but thats fine, I want her to. The thing is, I like valentines day, I really do, or at least the idea of it. I told her i hated it, but I regretted it later after thinking it over. I don't hate it, or at least i didn't used to. i think maybe over the the course of spending many a year alone on said day may have embittered me more than I at first realized. Thinking back on it, I never really disliked it, even the crass commercialization bits. so hershey's sells a few more chocolate bars, big deal, it's still a good idea for a holiday. And now, i have no more reason to be embittered, so why dwell?

Certainly no good reason i can see.

On to the pictures:





here's my first shot at the new character for my eventual web comic based on my aforementioned girlfriend. the character is based on my GF, not the comic, though what an entertaining read that would be.

I hated the curtains, so i re-did them and i'm much happier with the result. the dry-brushing i did on the panel i posted last time looked so-so but the problem with dry brushing is, if you do it one, you have to use it over the entire page/comic or it looks really weird. at least if you did it the way I did, and make it more of a shading effect than a black-on-white effect.

anyway, happy with the result of the hatching, wish i could do more, but man do i need to start work on the final....

[\rant]

No comments: